Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Steve Tibbert, our Senior Pastor, has recorded a video announcing how we are responding to the latest government guidelines. The summary of these announcements is detailed below. In addition to these we will be developing further initiatives over coming days and weeks, so please do check back here regularly for more information.
Updated Thursday 23 April, 5.45pm
- Due to the government guidance we are unable to gather in person on Sundays in our normal way, but we are gathering each week through online services.
- Please join us for our online Sunday meeting at kingschurchlondon.org/online. This will run at our normal Sunday meeting times of 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30am (BSL-interpreted), 1.30pm and then in the evening at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Additionally, this will be available at various times during the week.
- We have also introduced other initiatives for all the different types of people connected to us at King’s to allow us to gather in other ways and remain as family in this season. These include, among others, At Home and Kids at Home.
- We will not be gathering in homes or other venues for the time being.
- Our groups are now meeting online. We would like everyone to be part of an online group and we have started new groups to make more space for more people. Please visit our Groups pages if you are not already in a group and would like to find out more.
- The Feast has now moved to a delivery service, ensuring those in greatest need receive a hot, nutritious meal twice a week.
- Our Children's Work team has developed some excellent resources to encourage our children in their faith during this season. On our Kids at Home page you will find ideas for fun activities to do during the week, as well as Sunday videos for both our 0-4s and 5-9s age groups.
- Ignite (11-18s) is now gathering online on Friday nights. We are also encouraging our young people to follow Ignite on Instagram, where they will find daily devotionals and links to other resources.
- If you have a pastoral need, please do contact people you know through groups or your serving team so that they are aware of your situation. This will help us care for one another.
- You can also contact the church office on 020 8690 4646 and we will get back to you.
- The Hope Initiative has been set up by King’s to respond to some of the practical needs raised by the Coronavirus crisis. If you need help or can offer help, please let us know via The Hope Initiative page.
- We are responding to this crisis on a day-to-day basis. If you can help with pastoral care for people affected by Covid-19, please let us know via The Hope Initiative page. You can also contact the church office on 020 8690 4646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let’s also look out for our neighbours and others in our community that we perhaps haven’t connected to previously.
- Let’s pray for those affected by this virus, for those involved with healthcare and for those in government responsible for making decisions.
- Let’s be a people full of compassion, responding out of faith and not fear.
Stay Connected. Stay Safe. Stay Prayerful.
We will update this section of our website regularly. Please do check back again soon.