Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Update
Steve Tibbert, our Senior Pastor, has recorded a video announcing how we are responding to the latest government guidelines. The summary of these announcements is detailed below. In addition to these we will be developing further initiatives over coming days and weeks, so please do check back here regularly for more information.
Updated Thursday 2 April, 7.30pm
- Due to the government guidance we are unable to gather in person on Sundays in our normal way, but we will be gathering through online services.
- Please join us for our online Sunday meeting at kingschurchlondon.org/online. This will run at our normal Sunday meeting times of 9.30am, 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30am (BSL-interpreted), 1.30pm and then in the evening at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Additionally, this will be available at various times during the week.
- As we have had to change things very quickly this will be evolving further over coming weeks so please check back regularly for more updates.
- We will also be introducing other initiatives for all the different types of people connected to us at King’s to allow us to gather in other ways and remain as family in this season.
- All ministries where people gather in homes or other venues are suspended until there are any changes in guidance.
- Many of these groups are now meeting online. If you are already in a group, your leader should have contacted you to let you know how you can join in. Please let us know (email@example.com or phone 020 8690 4646) if you have not yet heard what is happening with your group.
- Groups are a great way to stay connected through this time. We would like everyone to be part of an online group and we will be starting new groups after Easter to make more space for more people. We are also looking at other ways that we can be in groups through text, FaceTime and so on. We will let you know more about that soon.
- The Feast has now moved to a delivery service, ensuring those in greatest need receive a hot, nutritious meal twice a week.
- Our children’s and youth teams have been working hard to develop fun and engaging resources to encourage our young people in their faith during this season. Parents will be receiving an email with more details about what’s available and you will also find more information about the stuff for young children at kingschurchlondon.org/kids-at-home.
- If you have a pastoral need, please do contact people you know through groups or your serving team so that they are aware of your situation. This will help us care for one another.
- You can also contact the church office on 020 8690 4646 and we will get back to you.
- We are responding to this crisis on a day-to-day basis. If you can help with pastoral care for people affected by Covid-19 please contact the church office on 020 8690 4646. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Let’s also look out for our neighbours and others in our community that we perhaps haven’t connected to previously.
- Let’s pray for those affected by this virus, for those involved with healthcare and for those in government responsible for making decisions.
- Let’s be a people full of compassion, responding out of faith and not fear.
Stay Connected. Stay Safe. Stay Prayerful.
We will update this section of our website regularly. Please do check back again soon.